Tutorials and Articles about DWR
DWR has cropped up in various tutorials around the web.
Connecting DWR and other technologies
Various tutorials have been written about integrating DWR with different technologies:
- Jose Noheda has blogged about using DWR a number of times:
- David Marginian has blogged about using DWR with Spring and Hibernate.
- Josip Mihelko has written about using DWR with Appfuse.
- Using DWR and Velocity was written by Sujit Pal.
- Oyvind created a Maven archetype for Prototype, DWR, Groovy and Hibernate, which is available from Google Code.
- Andrew Goodale created a library which supports calling DWR-based services from an iPhone or iPad application.
This section is a group of introduction articles to DWR. Mostly from the 1.x time frame. Although many of these articles are now out-dated they still provide good examples (with a few small tweaks).
Java.net: DWR Chat Application Demo
About DWR from it's principle author - Joe Walker
This introduction has been translated into Italian by Federico Paparoni.
Katherine Martin updated this article with the release of DWR 2.0 to include chat using reverse ajax.
With release 2.0, DWR continues on the same theme, removing from the developers shoulders the pesky problem of "pushing" information. It introduces the term reverse Ajax to describe this asynchronous transfer of messages from server to browser or browsers.
IBM DeveloperWorks: Ajax with Direct Web Remoting
Data serialization doesn't get any easier than this! by Phil McCarthy
Sys-Con: AJAX: The Easy Way
Introduction to Ajax and DWR by David Teare
Excerpt: For Java Developers there are a number of different frameworks/libraries that hide most of the complexity of developing AJAX-enabled Web applications. For this purposes of this article I'll be using one of those libraries called DWR or Direct Web Remoting. I chose DWR because I haven't found another framework/library that's easier to use or as flexible...
The print version of this page is a lot more readable and doesn't contain any embedded videos or pop over dialogs.
JavaWorld: AJAX made simple with DWR
An introductory article to DWR by Cloves Carneiro Jr.